The Aircast AirSelect Short Walking Boot has a durable, semi-rigid shell that helps support the limb while providing protection.
The pre-inflated front panel and two adjustable distal aircells, housed within the shell, provide compression and support. SoftStrike technology absorbs and dissipates shock, while the light weight and lab-tested rocker sole combine to encourage a natural gait and a continuation of everyday activities.
Features and Benefits
- Customizable, independent aircells (NO separate hand bulb). Integrated inflation system puts the user in control for an individualized fit.
- Non-marking, skid resistant rubber tread. For greater traction and longer wear.
- SoftStrike technology absorbs and dissipates the energy during heel strike.
- Low profile rocker sole. The rocker sole, enables a normal walking gait with less forefoot angulations. Toe-off section continues the rocking motion, enhancing mobility. Mid-stance section is designed to minimize hip differential.
- Custom and comfortable fit. Trimmable and heat moldable semi-rigid shell makes it easy to custom-fit the brace to the patient. Sleek, open-frame design provides ventilation and patient protection and compliance. Shell contours around the malleoli, eliminating pressure for sustained comfort. AirSelect boots have improved width around the ankle area as well as uniformed sizing throughout the various sizes of the boot (XS-XL).
- Ease of application. Three-strap system evenly disperses pressure, eliminates pooling of edema. Integrated inflation system is intuitive and permits quick and easy customization of each aircell.
Warnings and Precautions
Do not over-inflate aircells. Improper aircell inflation may cause significant skin irritation, especially in people with diabetic neuropathy (a diabetic nerve condition). Check your skin frequently for "hot spots" and skin irritation. If you see any skin changes or feelings of discomfort, reduce the aircell compression. Do not use this device if you cannot feel sensations whether due to post-op anesthesia, nerve, skin or other conditions. Use caution when walking on slippery or wet surfaces to avoid injury.
The Short walking boot offers a solution to a number of indications related to the forefoot, mid-foot and hind foot injuries, as well as some ankle injuries.
The main indications for the Short Walking Boot are:
- Forefoot, midfoot, and hindfoot injuries
- Foot fractures
- Soft tissue, tendon or ligament injuries
- Acute or post-operative care
- Severe ankle sprains - grades 3 and 4
- Fracture healing
- Management of edema (swelling)
|Size||Men's Shoe Size||Women's Shoe Size|
|XSmall||Up to 4||Up to 5|
|Small||4 to 7||5 to 8|
|Medium||7 to 10||8 to 11|
|Large||10 to 13||11 to 15|
|Size||Height of Brace||Mid-Footbed width||Toe Footbed width|
|XSmall||9.1" / 23.1 cm||3.4" / 8.6 cm||3.8" / 9.7 cm|
|Small||9.5" / 24.1 cm||3.6" / 9.1 cm||4.2" / 10.7 cm|
|Medium||10.3" / 26.2 cm||4.1" / 10.4 cm||4.6" / 11.7 cm|
|Large||11.2" / 28.5 cm||4.5" / 11.4 cm||5.0" / 12.7 cm|
|XLarge||12.1" / 30.7 cm||5.0" / 12.7 cm||5.5" / 14.0 cm|
We offer free advice from a registered treating Physiotherapist.
Similarly to having a pharmacist available to answer your questions in regards to medications you buy at a pharmacy, we are here to answer your questions on our products in regards to your health.
We can discuss general issues about injuries, muscles, joints, pain etc. and provide advice on what products and exercises will help your specific needs. We will respond within 24 hours.