The Breg Polar Care Cube Cold Therapy System is simple and reliable. Its easy to use, compact design makes it great for clinic, hospital, and home use.
Depending your patient-specific protocol, with nothing more than an initial fill of a little ice and water, you can enjoy up to 6-8 hours of motorized cold therapy.
The Polar Care Cube Cold Therapy System requires a Polar WrapOn pad for the system to be fully functional. You will have to purchase this separately.
You can choose from different pads depending on the area you want to apply the cryotherapy. You can also cover 2 areas at once using the Y adaptor sold separately.
Note: This item is non-returnable due to hygienic purposes.
Features and Benefits of the Polar Care Cube Cold Therapy System
- Proven reliability and effectiveness.
- Strong pump for optimal durability.
- High flow rate results in even pad temperature.
- Provides continuous motorized cold treatment for up to 6 – 8 hours.
- Simple and easy to use. Just fill with ice and water!
- Uses the Polar WrapOn Pads.
How to use Polar Care Cube Cold Therapy System
Setting Up Polar Care Cube
- To refill:
- Unlock handle and remove lid
- Fill with cold water to line, then ice to line
- Replace lid and lock with handle in upright position
- To Connect Unit to Pad:
- Push down on the two metal tabs
- Push connectors together until metal tabs pop up
- To Turn on/off:
- Plug power supply into wall and receptacle on lid
- Operation begins automatically with power
- Unplug power supply to turn off
- To Refill:
a. Turn off
b. Press down on two metal tabs to disconnect unit and pad
c. Remove lid and place upside down on a flat surface
d. Drain and follow fill instructions
Check Skin Frequently
inspect the patient skin under the pad as prescribed typically every one to two hours. You should be able to inspect the skin by lifting the pad and insulation barrier.
To stop the pump, disconnect electrical power and remove pad.
How to Clean the Breg Polar Care Cube
- After use, empty and dry the unit with a soft cloth
- Warm water and mild detergent may be used occasionally to clean the pump and tubes
Polar Care Cube WrapOn Pads
The ergonomic design of the Breg WrapOn Pads provides exceptional coverage and patient comfort. Elastic straps offer static compression while holding the pad firmly in place.
Please note: An insulation barrier (MUST be applied between the WrapOn Pads and the patient's skin (Polar dressing or a terry cloth hand towel works best).
A pad is required for this system to work and must be purchased separately.
Polar Care Cube Dressing
Proper use requires an insulation barrier between the pad and your skin. The water impermeable Sterile Polar Dressings offered by Breg provide a complete barrier between the pad and the skin.
This can be purchased separately. You can also use a face towel between the pad and your skin for a more economical solution.
Polar Care Cube Y Adapter
The Y adapter allows for two pads, dual cooling zones, to be used at one time from one unit.
This can be purchased separately.
- The Polar Care Cube can be cold enough to cause serious injury, including full skin necrosis.
- Follow these Operating Instructions, and carefully read the Product Insert (see the pouch on side of unit) and the Cold Therapy Pad Fitting Instructions (provided with each Cold Therapy Pad) prior to use
We offer free advice from a registered treating Physiotherapist.
Similarly to having a pharmacist available to answer your questions in regards to medications you buy at a pharmacy, we are here to answer your questions on our products in regards to your health.
We can discuss general issues about injuries, muscles, joints, pain etc. and provide advice on what products and exercises will help your specific needs. We will respond within 24 hours.