Breg Polar WrapOn Shoulder Pad has an ergonomic design that provides exceptional coverage and patient comfort. Elastic straps offer static compression while holding the pad firmly in place. Wrap on pads can be used with Polar Care Glacier, Cube and Cub.
These revolutionary pads offer hassle-free temperature regulation specific to each treatment area, allowing for consistent cold delivery. The ergonomic design provides exceptional coverage, static compression, and patient comfort
Please Note: This pad only works with the Polar Care Glacier, Cube and Cub Cold Therapy System which you need to purchase separately.
Warning: An insulation barrier must be applied between the Pad and the patient's skin.
Why Choose Polar WrapOn Shoulder Pad?
- Easy-To-Use Design
- Provide Optimal Durability
- Holds the pad firmly in place
- Safe and Reliable
Polar WrapOn Shoulder Pad Features
- Breg Polar WrapOn shoulder Pad include Elastic straps.
- It conveniently wrap around the joint and affix to the pad.
- Elastic Strap eliminates the need for foam or ace wraps.
- Comes in 2 sizes - Regular and X-Large
- Regular - Fits most adults
- X-Large - Fits individuals > 250 lbs
When to use Breg Shoulder Pad?
- Post operative
- Arthroscopic procedures
- Reconstructive procedures
- Plastic surgery
- General surgery
- Post trauma
- Chronic pain
- Physiotherapy and rehabilitation
How to apply the Breg Polar WrapOn Shoulder Pad
- Discuss treatment with your licensed health care practitioner. Provide a complete medical history including any reactions to cold. Certain medical conditions make cold- induced injury more likely.
- Use only according to your practitioner’s instructions regarding the frequency and duration of cold application and breaks, proper temperature.
- Apply an insulation barrier that provides complete coverage between the Polar Pad and skin. Do not let any part of the Pad touch skin.
- If a sterile dressing has been applied to the treatment site that does not completely cover the skin under the pad, use an additional insulation barrier. The Pad alone is too cold to be applied directly to the skin.
- Apply the Polar Pad with the plastic channeled side towards the skin. Refer to the graphics below and on the reverse side.
- Connect the Polar Pad couplings to the Polar Care unit couplings.
- Follow the Polar Care Operating Instructions and Product Insert inside the pouch; both are axed to the unit.
- Inspect the skin under the Polar Pad as prescribed, typically every 1 to 2 hours.
- To end cold therapy, disconnect electrical power and press the two metal tabs on the hose coupling and gently pull apart or remove the Polar Pad from your body.
Precautions to take while using the WrapOn Polar Shoulder Pad
- Do not use the Polar Care if dressing, wrapping, bracing, or casting over the Polar Pad prevents skin checks.
- Do not wrap pad so tightly as to restrict normal circulation, as this can cause injury.
- Stop using and contact your practitioner immediately if you experience any adverse reactions, such as: increased pain, burning, increased swelling, itching, blisters, increased redness, discoloration, welts, other changes in skin appearance, or any other reaction identified by your practitioner.
Video on How to apply the Breg WrapOn Shoulder Pad
We offer free advice from a registered treating Physiotherapist.
Similarly to having a pharmacist available to answer your questions in regards to medications you buy at a pharmacy, we are here to answer your questions on our products in regards to your health.
We can discuss general issues about injuries, muscles, joints, pain etc. and provide advice on what products and exercises will help your specific needs. We will respond within 24 hours.