The E-1 stationary Hydrocollator Heating Unit by Chattanooga features high quality stainless steel and thermostatically controlled temperature to give the perfect consistent temperature of your hot packs.
The Chattanooga Hydrocollator E1 Stationary Heating Unit is the perfect addition anywhere space may be limited. Wherever you may be, this unit makes it possible to provide moist penetrating heat therapy. At only 41cm (16 inches) in height, it will fit conveniently on a desk or worktop. There is no plumbing required, making this unit is so versatile and allowing you to mount on a mobile stand for portability or storage solutions. Furthermore, the unit is thermostatically controlled to provide a constant supply of temperature consistent HotPacs wherever it may be.
Chattanooga Hydrocollators: The Gold Standard
Chattanooga offers a level of quality that no others can match, and as a result, it is the industry standard. This unit will provide many years of service and look great the entire time. Built of high-quality stainless steel, it will deliver years of solid performance and be able to keep up with your most demanding days. Furthermore, this unit is so easy to maintain, simply fill and drain. Cleaning is just as easy, wipe with a cloth for a sparkling finish.
Deep penetrating moist heat therapy is recognized as a treatment for arthritis, pain relief, stiffness, and muscle spasm, it also improves blood flow. It takes about 20 minutes for the HotPacs to reach the correct temperature, and when they are ready for use, simply remove with tongs, wrap up and apply. The HotPacs are reusable and maintain heat for up to 30 minutes making this an economical, cost-effective treatment solution for your practice. When not in use, the HotPacs remain in the unit until treatment is ready.
Features and Benefits
- Can hold up to 4 hot packs
- 4 Hotpacs included: 4 standard size or 2 Standard and 2 Cervical hotpacs.
- No plumbing required
- For clinical or home use.
- Consistent adjustable temperature
- Designed to remain on constantly. Have heat anytime you need it!
Not Included but Recommended
A cover is required before putting the hotPac on your skin. The Chattanooga Terry Covers are designed to specifically fit the various sized HotPacs.
- Power Supply: 110-120 V~
- Rated Frequency: 60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 1000 W
- Tank Capacity: 15.44 Liters
- Filled Weight: 55 lbs (25 kg)
- Temperature Range: 160° F - 165° F (71° C - 74° C)
- Thermal Cut-out Temp: 180° F - 185° F (82° C - 85° C)
- Heating Up Time: Time to 160° F (70° C) - 2 Hours
- Cool Down Time: Time from 160° F (70° C) - 1 Hour
- Safety Class: Type B
- Safety Tests: cMET
- Dimensions: 16 in H x 13 in L x 8 in W (41 cm H x 33 cm L x 20 cm W)
- Product Weight: 14 lbs (6.4 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 16 lbs (7.3 kg)
- Fuses: Internal, 15 amp
- The Hydrocollator Heating Unit should not be installed above a surface that is susceptible to casual water damage.
- Always keep the water level over the top of the HotPacs to avoid burning or scorching of the packs.
- Never allow the HotPacs to dry after use.
- Check water level daily as it has a natural loss due to evaporation.
- Clean the tank periodically as described in the maintenance portion of this manual.
- Check unit periodically for signs of leaking and contact service if leaks are noted.
- Always replace Hydrocollator HotPacs as soon as they show signs of wear.
- If the unit is to be left unattended for a period of time, unplug the unit, remove the packs, empty the water, and clean the tank.
- Do not move the Hydrocollator Heating Unit while filled with heated water. Tipping over could result in burns to the user or others.
- Always unplug the Hydrocollator Heating Unit from the power source before attempting to empty water from unit.
- Grounding the Hydrocollator SS, SS-2, E-1, E-2, M-2, and M-4 Heating Units: Make certain the unit is electrically grounded by plugging into a hospital grade electrical outlet with a ground terminal receptacle (U-ground outlet). Follow the National Electrical Code.
- The water temperature in the Hydrocollator Heating Unit is approximately 160° F (71° C), and the water scalding temperature is approximately 120° F (49° C).
- Care must be taken when operating the Hydrocollator Heating Unit adjacent to or stacked with other equipment. Potential electromagnetic or other interference could occur to this or other equipment. Try to minimize this interference by not using other equipment in conjunction with it.
- The Hydrocollator Heating Unit should be placed on a smooth, level surface. The surface should support up to the Filled Weight (weight of heating unit filled with water) found in Technical Specifications of the manual.
- Use only accessories that are specially designed for the Hydrocollator Heating Unit. Do not use accessories manufactured by other companies on the Hydrocollator Heating Unit. DJO, LLC is not responsible for any consequence resulting from using products manufactured by other companies. The use of other accessories or cables may result in increased emissions or decreased immunity of the Hydrocollator Heating Unit.
- Periodically inspect unit for signs of damage and pitting during regular cleaning intervals, as described in maintenance portion of the manual. Contact service if any signs of damage are discovered.
- DO NOT apply HotPac directly to skin. Always use a cover over the hotpac.
- Individuals with circulatory problems should consult with a physician before using this product.
- DO NOT sit or lie on the HotPac.
- DO NOT add chlorine additive to water.
- DO NOT allow HotPac to come in contact with hydrocarbons (e.g., Comet®, Soft Scrub®, etc.).
Chattanooga Warranty – LIMITED 1 Year
DJO Global/Chattanooga ("Company") warrants that the Hydrocollator Models SS-2, M-2, M-4, SS, E-2, and E-1 Heating Units ("Products") are free of defects in material and workmanship. This warranty shall remain in effect for one year (12 months) from the date of original consumer purchase. If these Products fail to function during the one year warranty period due to defect in material or workmanship, at the Company's option, Company or the selling dealer will repair or replace this Product without charge within a period of thirty days from the date on which the Product is returned to the Company or the dealer.
All repairs to the Product must be performed by a service center authorized by the Company. Any modifications or repairs performed by unauthorized centers or groups will void this warranty.
To participate in warranty coverage, this Product's warranty registration card (included with Product) must be filled out and returned to the Company by the original owner within ten (10) business days of purchase.
We offer free advice from a registered treating Physiotherapist.
Similarly to having a pharmacist available to answer your questions in regards to medications you buy at a pharmacy, we are here to answer your questions on our products in regards to your health.
We can discuss general issues about injuries, muscles, joints, pain etc. and provide advice on what products and exercises will help your specific needs. We will respond within 24 hours.