Engineered by DonJoy, the new Playmaker XPert functional knee braces combine some of the best features of the Playmaker range into a compact, efficient and attractive offering.
When even mild ligament strains & pain can affect daily or leisure activities, the new Playmaker Xpert braces will provide the stability and the comfort required to regain secure movement.
This newly designed knee brace helps:
- reduce your knee pain from its compressive abilities, reducing the swelling and alleviating pain.
- Stabilize your knee - The bilateral hinges support the unstable knee joint helping the patient regain confidence and mobility.
- Improve your proprioception – The brace can help improve neuro-motor-sensory response and coordination, helping speed up recovery, reduce pain and decrease the risk of re-injury.
The Donjoy Playmaker XPert Hinged Knee Brace comes in two design options - The Sleeve and Wraparound version.
When to choose Sleeve vs. Wraparound
The sleeve brace requires you to remove your shoe and slide the brace over your foot. It does Fit more snugly and is more likely to stay in place. Basically once it's on it requires very little adjustment.
The negative of a sleeve brace is it doesn't work well over pants.
The wraparound braces are easier to apply especially for those with less hand strength and can be worn over thin pants. The velcro can be tightened or loosened for a more adjustable fit.
The wraparound brace is great for users who can't bend over as well and have trouble getting a sleeve on or off.
The negative of a wraparound brace is the velcro can loosen during activity requiring a quick tightening of the Velcro.
Features and Benefits
- Low profile design - brace height 33cm.
- Cool Sensation - Hi-tech breathable spacer mesh fabric provides constant freshness, promoting airflow and enhancing overall comfort.
- Inside and outside knee support:
- Removable aluminium polycentric hinges ensure medial / lateral stability.
- Bilateral stays provide support to unstable ligaments.
- Stays are malleable and can be shaped to conform to patient’s needs.
- Covered hinges - The hinges are encased for added protection from lateral impacts (ideal for sports use).
- Patella stability - Insert helps maintain patella in correct position and improves stability in cases of patella laxity.
- Adjustable compression - Upper and lower straps allow compression levels to be adjusted according to your needs. Straps also enable optimal individual fit.
- Popliteal comfort:
- 4-way stretch, soft, form-fitting posterior panel on popliteal area.
- Enhances comfort and fit, and promotes airflow.
- Allows unhindered movement, even during flexion.
- Comes in a wraparound or pull-up sleeve design
- Fits either Left or Right knee.
Indications of the Playmaker XPert Knee Brace
- Protection, compression and support for mild knee sprains, mild to moderate medial/lateral ligament lesions, chronic instability, return to activities.
- The Sleeve version is also indicated for meniscus injuries or mild patella laxity.
|Size||15 cm (6") Above mid kneecap|
|XSmall||33 - 39 cm (13" - 15 1/2")|
|Small||39 - 47 cm (15 1/2" - 18 1/2")|
|Medium||47 - 53 cm (18 1/2" - 21")|
|Large||53 - 60 cm (21" - 23 1/2")|
|XLarge||60 - 67 cm (23 1/2" - 26 1/2")|
|XXLarge||67 - 75 cm (26 1/2" - 29 1/2")|
|3XLarge||75 - 81 cm (29 1/2" - 32")|
|3XLarge||56 - 59 cm|
|Circumference measured 15 cm (6") above mid kneecap.|
DonJoy Braces Warranty – LIMITED 6 months
DonJoy warrants the rigid components (frame, hinges, etc.) of their braces for 1 year and warrants the soft components (pads, straps, etc.) for 6 months from manufacturing or material defects.
EXCLUSIONS: DonJoy does not warrant products for cosmetic deficiencies caused by regular wear and tear.
We offer free advice from a registered treating Physiotherapist.
Similarly to having a pharmacist available to answer your questions in regards to medications you buy at a pharmacy, we are here to answer your questions on our products in regards to your health.
We can discuss general issues about injuries, muscles, joints, pain etc. and provide advice on what products and exercises will help your specific needs. We will respond within 24 hours.