Engineered by DonJoy, the new Playmaker XPert functional knee braces combine some of the best features of the Playmaker range into a compact, efficient and attractive offering.
When even mild ligament strains & pain can affect daily or leisure activities, the new Playmaker Xpert braces will provide the stability and the comfort required to regain secure movement.
This newly designed knee brace helps:
- reduce your knee pain from its compressive abilities, reducing the swelling and alleviating pain.
- Stabilize your knee - The bilateral hinges support the unstable knee joint helping the patient regain confidence and mobility.
- Improve your proprioception – The brace can help improve neuro-motor-sensory response and coordination, helping speed up recovery, reduce pain and decrease the risk of re-injury.
The Donjoy Playmaker XPert Hinged Knee Brace comes in two design options - The Sleeve and Wraparound version.
When to choose Sleeve vs. Wraparound
The sleeve brace requires you to remove your shoe and slide the brace over your foot. It does Fit more snugly and is more likely to stay in place. Basically once it's on it requires very little adjustment.
The negative of a sleeve brace is it doesn't work well over pants.
The wraparound braces are easier to apply especially for those with less hand strength and can be worn over thin pants. The velcro can be tightened or loosened for a more adjustable fit.
The wraparound brace is great for users who can't bend over as well and have trouble getting a sleeve on or off.
The negative of a wraparound brace is the velcro can loosen during activity requiring a quick tightening of the Velcro.
Features and Benefits
- Low profile design - brace height 33cm.
- Cool Sensation - Hi-tech breathable spacer mesh fabric provides constant freshness, promoting airflow and enhancing overall comfort.
- Inside and outside knee support:
- Removable aluminium polycentric hinges ensure medial / lateral stability.
- Bilateral stays provide support to unstable ligaments.
- Stays are malleable and can be shaped to conform to patient’s needs.
- Covered hinges - The hinges are encased for added protection from lateral impacts (ideal for sports use).
- Patella stability - Insert helps maintain patella in correct position and improves stability in cases of patella laxity.
- Adjustable compression - Upper and lower straps allow compression levels to be adjusted according to your needs. Straps also enable optimal individual fit.
- Popliteal comfort:
- 4-way stretch, soft, form-fitting posterior panel on popliteal area.
- Enhances comfort and fit, and promotes airflow.
- Allows unhindered movement, even during flexion.
- Comes in a wraparound or pull-up sleeve design
- Fits either Left or Right knee.
Indications of the Playmaker XPert Knee Brace
- Protection, compression and support for mild knee sprains, mild to moderate medial/lateral ligament lesions, chronic instability, return to activities.
- The Sleeve version is also indicated for meniscus injuries or mild patella laxity.
|Size||15 cm (6") Above mid kneecap|
|XSmall||33 - 39 cm (13" - 15 1/2")|
|Small||39 - 47 cm (15 1/2" - 18 1/2")|
|Medium||47 - 53 cm (18 1/2" - 21")|
|Large||53 - 60 cm (21" - 23 1/2")|
|XLarge||60 - 67 cm (23 1/2" - 26 1/2")|
|XXLarge||67 - 75 cm (26 1/2" - 29 1/2")|
|3XLarge||75 - 81 cm (29 1/2" - 32")|
|3XLarge||56 - 59 cm|
|Circumference measured 15 cm (6") above mid kneecap.|
DonJoy Braces Warranty – LIMITED 6 months
DonJoy warrants the rigid components (frame, hinges, etc.) of their braces for 1 year and warrants the soft components (pads, straps, etc.) for 6 months from manufacturing or material defects.
EXCLUSIONS: DonJoy does not warrant products for cosmetic deficiencies caused by regular wear and tear.
We offer free advice from a registered treating Physiotherapist.
Similarly to having a pharmacist available to answer your questions in regards to medications you buy at a pharmacy, we are here to answer your questions on our products in regards to your health.
We can discuss general issues about injuries, muscles, joints, pain etc. and provide advice on what products and exercises will help your specific needs. We will respond within 24 hours.
Our Return Policy
You may return most new, unopened items which were not special orders within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. Items should be returned in their original packaging. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.).
**Customers are responsible for return shipping charges. Except in the case of an error made by us or manufacturer defect**
Exceptions to Our Return Policy
To maintain hygienic standards in accordance with Ontario Health and Health Canada infection and disease prevention initiatives ALL medical, surgical, and rehabilitation equipment and soft supports are non-returnable, unless they have a manufacturer guarantee. Other items we do not return include (but are not limited to):
- Cold therapy products and accessories
- Theratherm digital moist heat pads
- Amoena Products
- Custom orthopaedic braces
- Taping products
- Compression therapy products
- Pelvic Floor exercisers (EMY, Perifit)
- TENS, IFC, NMES and like units
- Post-Operative braces and shoes
- Rigid ankle/foot immobilizers
- Shoulder immobilizers/slings
- Any items marked as non-returnable on the product page.
All Our Products are Fully Guaranteed Against Defects
Please check your package immediately to be sure your order is correct and items were not damaged. If you receive a defective product or an incomplete order, EMAIL US IMMEDIATELY for prompt action at CustomerService@PhysiotherapyRoom.com. Please include your name and order number. Damaged or short shipments should be reported within 5 days of receipt. Please keep the box if the item is damaged. If your tracking number shows as delivered but you never received your package, you need to report this within 5 business days. Someone on our customer service team will reach out with further steps.
We cannot accept returns on merchandise that was opened, used, is missing the serial number or UPC, or returned more then 30 days after delivery. If you would like to make a return or exchange, you must contact us by phone or email.
How to Initiate a Return!
Email us at CustomerService@PhysiotherapyRoom.com, let us know your Name, Order number, which products you want to return and the reason!
One of our friendly Customer Care team members will reach out to you as soon as possible with the next steps!
Items returned to us without notification will not be eligible for a refund or exchange.
To deter against insurance fraud, in the event of a request for a refund we reserve the right to contact your insurer to verify the status of your reimbursement prior to processing your refund. If an individual is abusing our return and refund policies, your order will be placed on hold and you will be notified of an additional restocking fee of up to 25% before items are shipped.
Our Exchange Policy
We are committed to offering you a low-risk online shopping experience. If you need a different size or you want to exchange for a different product, we've got you covered. You need to reach out to us within 5 days of receiving your item. We will pay the return shipping fees (for the first exchange) when you request an exchange within the first 5 days after receiving your order. Plus, we offer free advice from our physiotherapists. Our team is standing by to help you figure out what product or size might be better for you.
How to Initiate an Exchange!
Please reach out within the first 5 days of receiving your item. Try it on, if it does not fit, reach out to us. We would be happy to help you get the right item for your needs. You cannot use this item for a month then decide to exchange or return the item. If the item has been used and cannot be resold and is not in the original package, we will cannot allow an exchange or refund!
If you have ordered the wrong size or product and require an exchange please email us at CustomerService@PhysiotherapyRoom.com. We will send you a pre-paid shipping label by email to cover the shipping fees. Please note we cover the shipping fees when you request an exchange within the first 5 days of receiving your product. Also note, we cover the shipping fees for the first exchange on your order, if you have multiple exchanges on the same order, you will be responsible for the shipping fees after the first complimentary exchange.
Note: Please return all packaging and instructions and place your item in a suitable shipment box with the pre-paid label attached.
When will I get my refund?
It usually takes about 2-3 weeks. Most refunds are fully refunded in 3-5 days after we receive and process your return. The refund will appear on your original payment method.
All orders shipped outside of Canada are final sale and cannot be returned or exchanged. Some items are not eligible to ship outside of Canada. This will be stated on the product page. If this is the case, we have the right to cancel and refund your order.
Still have questions?
Feel free to contact us at CustomerService@PhysiotherapyRoom.com, if you have any other questions.