The Empi Direct TENS machine (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulator) is a compact dual channel handheld device which utilises a range of nerve stimulation programmes to aid in the treatment and management of chronic and acute conditions.
This is a powerful compact TENS unit that is easy to operate. It has large buttons that has preset setting for the different body parts. Perfect for home use. Get the quality of clinical TENS in your own home.
The Empi Direct TENS is suitable for use by patients or healthcare professionals and will administer fast-acting drug-free pain-relief with no known side-effects.
How Does the Empi Direct TENS work?
The Direct TENS machine is attached to the skin via electrodes which send an electrical pulse to the cutaneous (outer) and afferent (deeper) nerves to alleviate discomfort by blocking the pain signal sent to the brain.
While pain-relief is most efficient during nerve stimulation the effects can last long-after the treatment has been completed.
The Direct TENS machine is suitable for use at any time with a recommended minimum usage period of 30 minutes which can be continued for several hours.
Treatment / Prevention of the following Injuries:
- All Joint pain - examples include shoulder, hip, knee, ankle arthritis.
- Chronic and radiating pain in the upper and lower back and spine.
- Degenerative diseases of the musculoskeletal system.
- Tension headaches
- Amputation stump/phantom limb pain.
- Pain from inflammatory arthritis diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis.
- Acute and chronic muscle pain.
- Reduce Spasms
Features and Benefits:
- Includes multiple pain relieving applications, and allows by a simple click, programs adapted to specific pain areas.
- 2 Channels of stimulation output.
- 13 Pre-set programs including 5 quick select programs for ease of use
- Waveform: Asymmetrical biphasic, 100% compensated
- Constant voltage up to resistance of 1000 ohms
- Maximum amplitude: 40mA @ 1000 ohms, 250µsec
- Pulse Duration: up to 250 μsec
- Frequency: up to 1,000 Hz
- Power Source: 2 x 1.5V AA Batteries or 2x 1.2V AA rechargeable batteries
- Modern design and soft push buttons for comfortable use
- Adjustable timer
- Unit features include 5 stimulation programs - Pulse - Burst - Continuous - Mixed Frequency - Multi-modulation
- Easy to read LCD display and convenient easy to use controls
The Kit Includes:
- Cefar Empi Direct TENS unit - 2527116
- 2 sets of leadwires
- 2 regular AA batteries
- 4 AA rechargeable AA batteries with charging kit
- 1 - 4 pack of 2" x 2" DURA-STICK® Self-Adhesive Electrodes
- Cefar Empi Direct TENS Quick start guide and electrode placement guide
- Convenient black Empi bag
- Cefar Empi Direct TENS User guide on CD
Chattanooga Cefar Devices Warranty – LIMITED 3 YEARS
If there are any issues within the first 30 days of purchasing the device, you can return it to us, The Physio Store Inc. and we will replace the device free of charge.
After this time, the remaining Warranty will be honoured by the manufacturer - Chattanooga.
You can register your warranty with them directly at Chattanooga Warranty Registration Page.
Register before the warranty period runs out. You will receive an email confirming your warranty registration.
We offer free advice from a registered treating Physiotherapist.
Similarly to having a pharmacist available to answer your questions in regards to medications you buy at a pharmacy, we are here to answer your questions on our products in regards to your health.
We can discuss general issues about injuries, muscles, joints, pain etc. and provide advice on what products and exercises will help your specific needs. We will respond within 24 hours.