The Physiotherapy Room Frozen Shoulder Home Rehab Kit gives you everything you need to treat your Frozen Shoulder at home. Our home rehabilitation kits include all the equipment and modalities (TENS/Muscle Stimulation) you need, custom physiotherapy exercises, outcome measures, and consultation and advice from a registered physiotherapist.
A typical program at a physiotherapy clinic would consist of various stretches and exercises, along with manual stretching techniques from a physiotherapist to help improve mobility, increase strength and reduce pain. Physiotherapists will often include an electrotherapy modality, such as TENS or muscle stimulation and ice or heat depending on the stage of the injury.
Our physiotherapists have come up with a home rehabilitation physiotherapy kit so you can do your exercises and recovery program at home.
With this rehabilitation home kit, you can avoid crowded areas, avoid using exercise equipment and electrotherapy devices that others have previously used. Do your entire treatment program in the comfort of your own home.
This is not meant as a substitute for physiotherapy at the clinic, but as a supplementary program, or for patients who do not have access to a physiotherapy clinic.
I have been diagnosed with a Frozen Shoulder, Now What?
If you have been diagnosed with a Frozen Shoulder by your health care professional, this Frozen Shoulder Home Physiotherapy Kit is for you. We have researched the current journal articles for the most recent evidence-based treatments for Frozen Shoulder, and have included some references for further reading. The various kits include custom exercises and treatment programs that physiotherapists give their patients. We have also included specific outcome measures (questionnaires) to help determine if you are improving and what stage of recovery you are in.
What is Included in This Home Physiotherapy Kit?
- The Basic Kit includes:
- 1 Economical TENS unit - Impulse 3000T - TENS unit - Decrease your pain.
- 1 Economy shoulder pulley - Economy Shoulder Pulley - Help Improve your shoulder range of motion.
- 1 Stretch Out Strap - Stretch Out Strap with Exercise Booklet - Help improve your range of motion
- 1 Standard ice/heat pack - CryoDerma Microbeads - Therapy Wrap - Reduce inflammation, pain, increase pliability of your shoulder.
- 3 incremental exercise bands - Premium 5 foot Exercise Bands - increase the strength of your shoulder muscles.
- 1 Spiky massage ball Yellow Spiky Round Massage Ball - Massage the tight muscles in the back of your shoulder.
- 1 Pain relieving gel bottle - BioFreeze Pain Relieving Gel - Decrease your pain.
- Exercises designed by a physiotherapist with video instructions for every stage of recovery.
- Frozen Shoulder specific questionnaires to help determine progression of recovery, what is working and what is not.
- Instructions on how to use various items and some physiotherapy advice to help with recovery. We set you up with a typical program to do at home and in what order.
Various Upgrades Available
- Upgrade your TENS unit:
- 1 Good Quality TENS and Muscle Stimulation Unit - Primera TENS/NMES Unit with HAN Waveform - Decrease your pain and increase muscle strength.
- 1 Premium Quality TENS and Muscle Stimulation Unit - Cefar TENS/NMES kit - Decrease your pain and increase muscle strength.
- 1 Premium Custom Form Fitting Shoulder Heat/Ice Wrap - Elasto-Gel Shoulder Wrap - Reduce inflammation, pain, increase pliability of your shoulder.
- 1 hour private video chat with a Registered Physiotherapist - Discuss and go over your issues and setup a customized exercise and treatment regimen. You will receive a separate invoice so you can claim this for insurance.
What is a Frozen Shoulder?
Patients presenting with Frozen Shoulder (adhesive capsulitis) will often report a gradual unknown onset with a progressive increase in pain, and a slow decrease in active and passive movement in the shoulder. Patients frequently have difficulty with grooming, performing overhead activities, dressing, and particularly fastening items behind their back. Frozen shoulder (adhesive capsulitis) is considered to be a self-limiting disease with sources stating symptom resolution as early as 6 months or up to 11 years.
The literature reports that Frozen Shoulder progresses through three overlapping clinical phases:
- Acute/freezing/painful phase: gradual onset of shoulder pain at rest with sharp pain at extremes of motion, and pain at night with sleep interruption which may last anywhere from 3-9 months.
- Adhesive/frozen/stiffening phase: Pain starts to subside, progressive loss of glenohumeral motion in capsular pattern. Pain is apparent only at extremes of movement. This phase may occur at around 4 months and last up to 12 months.
- Resolution/thawing phase: Spontaneous, progressive improvement in functional range of motion which can last anywhere from 1 to 3.5 years.
We offer free advice from a registered treating Physiotherapist.
Similarly to having a pharmacist available to answer your questions in regards to medications you buy at a pharmacy, we are here to answer your questions on our products in regards to your health.
We can discuss general issues about injuries, muscles, joints, pain etc. and provide advice on what products and exercises will help your specific needs. We will respond within 24 hours.