The Intelect NMES Unit (77717) is a neuromuscular stimulator and is used for strengthening of smaller muscle groups, prevention of disuse atrophy as well as muscle re-education, increasing range of motion and circulation.
Long known for innovative clinical electrotherapy devices, Chattanooga Group now offers a new, portable, battery-operated Intelect® Digital NMES device that offers fully adjustable parameters including frequency, pulse duration, three stimulation modes and timer.
How Does the Intelect Digital NMES work?
The Intelect Digital NMES is an easy to use device. A marvel of miniaturized electronics, the lightweight power unit transmits electrical pulses through the skin surface and stimulates the muscles motor units (nerve and muscles). The electrical impulses are "ramped" so they closely emulate natural muscle contractions.
Because the transdermal stimulation of nerves and muscles may be accomplished by electrical pulses, this device can help build muscle mass, prevent disuse atrophy, increase range of motion, help with muscle re-education. Accordingly, incapacitated patients can receive therapeutic treatment to create involuntary muscle contractions thereby improving and maintaining muscle tone without actual physical activity.
Features and Benefits:
- Knob Cover: An acrylic knob cover protects Amplitude Controls from accidental user touch when the unit is being used.
- Lid Cover: A sliding panel covers the controls for Mode, Set, INCREASE and DECREASE adjustments.
- Amplitude Controls: It controls the "INTENSITY" level of stimulating pulses. These controls located at the top of the unit regulate the amplitude, or intensity, of the stimulation and are the ON/OFF CONTROL. The ON indicator signal will stay lit as long as the unit is working, and mimics the output of the electrical pulse.
- "INCREASE" control button (triangle-button): This button increases the pulse width from 50~300μs, increases the pulse rate from 2 to 120Hz, increases Contraction ON time from 2 seconds to 99 seconds (except in Constant Mode), increases Relaxation OFF time from 2 seconds to 99 seconds (except in Constant Mode) and increases the timer from 5 to 90 min to continuous mode.
- "DECREASE" control button (inverted triangle-button): This button decreases the pulse width from 300~50μs, decreases the pulse rate from 120 to 2Hz, decreases Contraction ON time from 99 seconds to 2 seconds (except in Constant Mode), decreases Relaxation OFF time from 99 seconds to 2 seconds (except in Constant Mode) and decreases the timer from continuous mode to 90 to 5 min.
- "MODE" button (round-button on the right side of the control panel): This button selects a Stimulation-Mode. It displays the mode status from three types of function modes; which are Synchronous, Constant and Alternate.
- "SET" button (round-button on the middle of the control panel): This button sets the ramp, on time, off time, rate, width and timer. Press the 'SET' button to enter a parameter setting mode including ramp, on time, off time, rate, width and timer.
- LCD screen: This LCD displays stimulating mode, ramp, on time, off time, pulse rate, pulse width and timer. The channel output will be indicated on the left side (Channel 1) and right side (Channel 2) of the LCD screen. The modes will be displayed on the top of the LCD panel. The ramp, on time, off time, pulse rate, and pulse width will be shown on the middle-right of the screen. The timer and clock symbol display on the middle-left of the screen, the clock symbol will flash in final 5 min.
- Patient Compliance Timer: The patient compliance timer can memorize 60 sets of operation records; the total record time is 999 hours.
- Battery: 9 Volt DC Battery.
- "Low Battery " indicator: When the low power indicator flashes, the battery should be replaced with a new one as soon as possible. However, the stimulator will continue to operate for several more hours.
Intelect NMES Specifications
- Channel: Dual channels, isolated between channels
- Pulse Amplitude: 0 ~ 80 mA = 0 ~ 40 volts, adjustable (at 500 ohm load)
- Pulse Frequency (Hz): 2 ~ 120
- Pulse Width (μs): 50 ~ 300
- Contraction (On) Time (sec): 2 ~ 99, adjustable
- Relaxation (Off) Time (sec): 2 ~ 99, adjustable
- Waveform: Asymmetric biphasic square pulse.
- Timer Control (mins): 5 ~ 90 or continuous
- Stimulation Modes:
- "S Mode": The pulses of CHANNEL 1 and CHANNEL 2 are synchronous. While Channel 1 is activated, Channel 2 will be activated simultaneously. The pulses active and inactive duration is controlled by ON TIME and OFF TIME.
- In this mode, ON TIME value should be set for more than ramp up value plus ramp down value. For example, if you set on ramp value for 2 seconds, ON TIME should be set for more than 4 seconds (2+2), i.e. ON TIME ≥ Ramp up + Ramp down
- "C Mode": Both CHANNEL 1 and CHANNEL 2 are continuous pulses under an adjustable pulse rate and pulse width.
- In this mode, the functions of ON TIME, OFF TIME, and RAMP cannot be set.
- "A Mode": The pulses of CHANNEL 1 and CHANNEL 2 are Alternative. When Channel 1 is activated, Channel 2 will be inactivated and vice versa.
- In this mode, ON TIME value should be set for more than ramp up value plus ramp down value; OFF TIME value should be set for more than ON TIME value. For example, if you set on ramp value for 2 seconds, ON TIME should be set for more than 4 seconds (2+2), and OFF TIME should be set for more than 4 seconds, i.e.
- ON TIME ≥ Ramp up + Ramp down
- OFF TIME ≥ ON TIME
- Power Supply: 9V DC square shape battery
- Size: (D x W x H) 0.9" x 2.3" x 4.0" (24 mm x 59 mm x 101 mm)
- Weight (including battery): 4.4 oz (126 g)
- Safety standard: EN EN60601-1, EN EN60601-1-2 , EC 60601-2-10
- Operation Ambient Temperature Range: 50 ~ 95ºF (10 ~ 35ºC)
- Operation Ambient Humidity Range: 20 ~ 90% RH
- Storage and Transportation Temperature Range: 32 ~ 158º F (0 ~ 70ºC)
- Storage and Transportation Humidity Range: 20 ~ 90% RH
The Kit Includes:
- Intelect Digital NMES - 77717
- 2 sets of leadwires
- 9v battery
- 1 - 4 pack of 2" x 2" DURA-STICK® Self-Adhesive Electrodes
- Operations manual
- Hard Carrying case
Chattanooga Intelect Devices Warranty – LIMITED 1 YEAR
If there are any issues within the first 30 days of purchasing the device, you can return it to us, The Physio Store Inc. and we will replace the device free of charge.
After this time, the remaining Warranty will be honoured by the manufacturer - Chattanooga.
You can register your warranty with them directly at Chattanooga Warranty Registration Page.
Register before the warranty period runs out. You will receive an email confirming your warranty registration.
We offer free advice from a registered treating Physiotherapist.
Similarly to having a pharmacist available to answer your questions in regards to medications you buy at a pharmacy, we are here to answer your questions on our products in regards to your health.
We can discuss general issues about injuries, muscles, joints, pain etc. and provide advice on what products and exercises will help your specific needs. We will respond within 24 hours.