The MKO CMC thumb brace supports and comforts the first CMC joint. It keeps the thumb in the functional position. The brace relieves pain and reduces the symptoms of loss of strength.
The MKO CMC thumb brace stabilizes the Carpometacarpal (CMC/Basal) joint of the thumb and places the first metacarpal in its functional position. It places the thumb in an anatomically correct position and enables the other fingers to move properly, ensuring the functionality of the hand. The design with double injection of materials and the rounded edges guarantee maximum comfort of use. It has a fastening system, secured by a metal core, that enables the degree of stability of the trapeziometacarpal joint to be adjusted as required.
The closing system features a velour strap, with hook and loop closure.
- Osteoarthritis of the first CMC (basal) joint.
- Post-surgical treatment of the first CMC joint.
- Arthroplasty of the first CMC joint.
- Instability of the first CMC joint.
Features and Benefits
- stabilizes the base of the thumb (basal thumb joint -CMC-1).
- Reduces pain and loss of strength in the thumb and hand.
- Helps increase the functional use of your thumb.
- Low-profile design means no restrictions during activity.
- Rounded edges and specialized materials provide maximum comfort.
- Extra closing system (velour strap, with hook and loop closure) included.
|Size||Hand Circumference in inches|
|Small||6" - 7.5 "|
|Medium||7.5" - 9"|
|Large||9" - 10"|
We offer free advice from a registered treating Physiotherapist.
Similarly to having a pharmacist available to answer your questions in regards to medications you buy at a pharmacy, we are here to answer your questions on our products in regards to your health.
We can discuss general issues about injuries, muscles, joints, pain etc. and provide advice on what products and exercises will help your specific needs. We will respond within 24 hours.