MKO Elite Genu-Tek Compression Knee Sleeve designed for knee issues such as osteoarthritis, knee pain, sprain, swelling of knee.
The MKO Elite Genu-Tek Compression Knee Sleeve consists of an anatomically contoured knit and an integral, ring-shaped, functional silicone buttress. It relieves pain by providing the therapeutic pressure of the support from the kneecap to the soft tissues of the knee.
When walking or running with the MKO Elite Genu-Tek Compression Knee Sleeve, the muscular contractions cause the pressure to rise and fall, thereby resulting in an effect which is similar to an intermittent compression massage. This stimulates the metabolism and helps to dispel swelling and bruising more quickly. The support also stimulates receptors in the soft tissue of the knee and on the skin. The surrounding musculature is also activated and effective, long-term stabilization of the joint is achieved.
The MKO Elite Genu-Tek is an individually made 3D knit compression garment with a massaging patella silicone insert. Recommended for knee strains, sprains, tendonitis, post-op swelling, arthritis and instability.
- Low profile, computer designed, anatomic 3D knitted garment
- Individually made from soft highly breathable moisture wicking yarns. 81% Nylon / 19% Spandex
- Medial and lateral stainless steel spital stays
- Massaging silicone buttress helps decrease edema and supports patella
- Silicone band suspension dots to prevent slipping
- Hypo allergenic and latex free
- Provides ultimate compression and a unique wearing experience
- Available sizing S - 3XL
- 3D knit design for ultimate compression
- soft highly breathable moisture wicking material
- medial / lateral stainless steel spiral stays
- massaging silicone buttress
- hypo allergenic and latex free
- Knee sprains
- Post-op swelling & instability
- Locate MKO label at top of brace
- Grip both sides at top of brace by spiral stays.
- Pull the support over the foot and up to the knee.
- Position knee buttress comfortably over the knee.
- Adjust where needed making sure the brace has a comfortable fit. The brace should not cut off circulation nor slide down the limb.
- To remove brace pull from spiral stays at bottom over ankle until brace is off limb. To avoid damaging the brace do not turn inside out.
- To prevent moisture build up, store brace in an open dry area between uses.
- Irritation (tendomyopathy, ligament insertion degeneration, meniscopathy, osteoarthritis, arthritis, post-traumatic and post-operative)
- Recurrent joint effusions
- Feeling of instability
- Knee strains or sprains
- Recurrent knee pain
- Pre and post-operative knee swelling and inflammation
- Adolescent knee pain
- Osgood-Schlatter´s disease
- Degenerative joint disease (osteoarthritis)
|Circumference (5.5" above knee) in Inches||15.75" - 17"||17" - 18"||18" - 19.25"||19.25" - 20.5"||20.5" - 21.75"||21.75" - 23"|
|Circumference (5" below knee) in Inches||12.5" - 13.75"||13.75" - 15"||15" - 16"||16" - 17.25"||17.25" - 18.5"||18.5" - 19.75"|
We offer free advice from a registered treating Physiotherapist.
Similarly to having a pharmacist available to answer your questions in regards to medications you buy at a pharmacy, we are here to answer your questions on our products in regards to your health.
We can discuss general issues about injuries, muscles, joints, pain etc. and provide advice on what products and exercises will help your specific needs. We will respond within 24 hours.
Do you think the MKO genutek compression sleeve will help with osteo arthritis knee pain?
The short answer is yes, the MKO genutek compression sleeve will help reduce osteoarthritis (OA) knee pain. It does this by helping to keep the swelling down. This in turn, reduces the pain fibres from firing (due to the swelling) and this allows the muscles around the knee to work better (reduces muscles inhibition due to pain). The compression sleeve also gives a little bit of stability. How much it will help, really all depends on the level of knee OA that you have. The sleeves works well when there is notable swelling (edema) around the knee (front, back) and when there is mild OA in the knee (knee joint and patella-femoral joint). It will work at all levels but just not as well, as the OA in the knee gets worse.
With moderate and severe OA in the knee, a brace that can stabilize the knee and correct alignment issues becomes very important.