The LA TheraWand is a highly regarded therapeutic manual massage device designed with direct input by leading pelvic floor therapists to help relieve pelvic discomfort and pain.
The brilliant curves and design make the LA-Wand perfect for gentle intrapelvic massage. This wand allows you to massage irritable, tight or sore trigger points in the pelvic floor musculature to relieve pelvic discomfort and pain.
The LA-Wand has two Release-Ends that consist of a finger-tip like tapered end for easy insertion and a ‘bobble’ end offering greater surface area. The bobbled end can also be used as a handle. The LA-Wand measures 9″ in length and can aid reachability for larger individuals or for those with limited mobility. This wand can be used both rectally and vaginally. The LA-Wand is the preferred wand for anal use due to its thinner width. The wand measures 5/8″ in diameter everywhere except the bobbles, which measure 7/8″. The TheraWand enables you to control the exact amount and location of pressure applied. In addition to the internal operator muscles this wand can reach the transverse perineal, pubo, vaginalis, and all three components of the levator ani muscle.
These patented wands are made from high quality acrylic that is BPA free. Each wand is sealed in plastic and inspected for defect-free craftsmanship. Also included are general instructions and a beautiful carrying pouch. Made in the USA. Shipped discreetly. Please check out our coloured wands at TheraWand. Any comments or feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for your business and support of our products. Please consult with a healthcare professional for individualized instructions.
- The LA TheraWand is 9” long and it’s general 5/8” width make it perfect for intrapelvic manual massage and trigger point release.
- Two release ends include a finger-tip like end and a bobble end.
- Sealed in plastic, comes with general instructions and a beautiful carrying pouch.
- Recognized by the FDA as a therapeutic manual massage device for relieving pelvic pain.
- Manufactured in the USA.
The Contents included in a Package:
- Wand in Sealed Plastic
- Brochure including general instructions
- Carrying pouch
- Contact Card
Indications For Use
Use the TheraWand® to relieve painful intrapelvic myofascial trigger points through direct, therapeutic manual massage techniques. The Therawand® and accompanying instructions are not meant to take the place of a physician or physical therapist’s advice.
Risks and Benefits
Please refer to your healthcare practitioner for specific instructions for personalized use. In general the product is used to manually massage painful, intrapelvic myofascial trigger points.
Cleaning and Care
The Therawand® is made from 100% PMMA Acrylic. The product can be easily cleaned with gentle, disinfecting soap and warm water. Do not use alcohol or harsh chemicals on the Therawand® or you may scratch the surface. Do not put the Therawand® in the oven or dishwasher or expose to extreme temperatures. Use disinfectant wipes such as Protex™ Disinfectant Wipes.
Always clean the Therawand® before and after each use and before any other insertion, either vaginally or anally. Store in a clean, dry place.
The Therawand® comes with a pouch for easy storage.
Persons with allergies to acrylic should not use the Therawand®. Please consult with a physician or physical therapist for treating specific medical conditions.
General Warnings and Precautions
- The device should not be used by persons who lack the mental capacity to comprehend and follow the instructions for safe use of the device.
- Safety and effectiveness of use of this device has not been demonstrated in persons less than 18 years of age, or over 70 years of age.
- Risk of microbial contamination: The device is limited to single patient use and should be covered with a new disposable cover before each use.
- Risk of vaginal/rectal cross-contamination: Separate disposable covers and lubricants are to be used when inserting the device either vaginally or rectally.
- Risk of tissue irritation/allergy: Patients with latex allergies should not use latex disposable coverings and, lubricants with spermicides or sensates should not be used.
- Risk of overstretching/weakness of the anal sphincter and vagina: Patients should generously lubricate the insertion treatment area (i.e.) anal sphincter or vagina) and to slowly insert or remove the device.
- Stop use immediately if the Wand is dropped even if no damage is visible.
- Please refer to the instructional brochure for general instructions. For more specific instructions refer to your physiotherapist or healthcare professional.
We offer free advice from a registered treating Physiotherapist.
Similarly to having a pharmacist available to answer your questions in regards to medications you buy at a pharmacy, we are here to answer your questions on our products in regards to your health.
We can discuss general issues about injuries, muscles, joints, pain etc. and provide advice on what products and exercises will help your specific needs. We will respond within 24 hours.