TheraBand Professional Resistance Bands with Latex are available in 8 colour-coded levels of resistance. Proper use of these systems for resistance exercise provides both positive and negative force on the muscles, improving strength, range of motion and cooperation of muscle groups.
Note...These Resistance bands contains Latex.
Colour-coded progressive resistance gives at-a-glance documentation of progress from one level to the next.
Elastic resistance is a unique type of resistance training compared to other traditional forms, such as isotonic or isokinetic resistances. The resistance provided by elastic bands or tubing is based on the amount that the band or tubing is stretched. This resistance can be measured in pounds of force depending on the percentage the band or tubing is stretched from its resting length; this is known as “force-elongation”. Regardless of how long the band or tubing is before it’s stretched, the force produced at its stretched length depends on the percent elongation. For example, an initial 2 foot (60 cm) length of Green band that is stretched to 4 feet (120 cm) (double its resting length), is at 100% elongation. Therefore, the resistance of the band is 4.6 pounds at that elongation. If the band is then further stretched to 6 feet (180 cm) (200% elongation), the resistance would be 6.7 pounds.
- A superior band product for resistance training and rehabilitation, provides both positive and negative force on muscles and joints, stretches, tones and conditions all major muscle groups.
- Improves strength, range of motion and flexibility in a simple to use, portable product that works in the clinic, the gym, at home or on the road.
- Colour-coded Progressive Resistance system allows users to recognize improvement as it happens, as you grow stronger you can move up to the next colour
- Endorsed by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), recognized worldwide as the original System of Progressive Resistance.
- Made with the highest quality natural rubber latex
- Extra Thin (Tan) TheraBand is great for rehabilitation for very light resistance exercises. They offer 2.4 lbs. of resistance at 100% elongation, and 3.4 lbs. of resistance at 200%.
- Width - 5"
We offer free advice from a registered treating Physiotherapist.
Similarly to having a pharmacist available to answer your questions in regards to medications you buy at a pharmacy, we are here to answer your questions on our products in regards to your health.
We can discuss general issues about injuries, muscles, joints, pain etc. and provide advice on what products and exercises will help your specific needs. We will respond within 24 hours.